Sunday 31 August 2014

British Open all done !

After a good nights sleep at a hotel in tamworth we headed to garlands to shoot . I felt in confident mood after my shoot out last night and started very steadily with a 6 on  stand 12 which was a left to right crosser and a teal. 

Stands 13 and 14 well also with two 7s on two tricky stands . Josh was also shooting well and it was definitely beneficial and inspirational shooting with Paul Simpson on our squad. 

I dropped 3 on the simmo left to right on stand 15 foolishly missing the first pair shooting them the wrong way round. However it was the next stand 1 that really let me down . The two overhead birds . I missed 7 on there and came to the conclusion I was under leading the longer one and over lead the closer one . Fail !

I did bounce back on stand 2 with a good 6 on the simmo battues however this was a brief recovery as went on to shoot a 4,3,4 on the next three stands . What I needed was an easy stand to recover and fortunately that came on 6 with a simmo pair of crows and managed an 8.

Stand 7 was one of my favourites of the round;  a driven from the right then some nifty footwork to shoot a quartering looper/battues going over a bank and my first straight of the day . I quickly wanted to get to stand 8 now I had found some form again and was presentated with a high quartering left to right followed by a steady teal- this time a 6 missing one pair completely but also happy .

The next  2 stands were a bit more steady and shot an 8 then 6 and finally finished on stand 11 with a battue and rabbit and foolishly missed all 4 rabbits . Rabbits always seem to let me down at majors !

So I finished with an 82 /120 which I was delighted with to be honest. This time last year I shot a 74 at Hepworth and it shows how far I have come.

I only managed joint 4th with mike burnand in disabled standing however did manage to also tie with him in C Class also in joint 5th which was definitely the better achievement on the day . I was also proud of josh who shot an 87 compared to his mid 60s at Hepworth last year .

Was great seeing new and old faces and look forward to my next shoot even better was seeing Kath and jack tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment