Thursday 28 August 2014

Days training at Cambridge & whispers from the open

Josh and I shot at Cambridge gun club today with Phill Gray who was sharpening us up with final preparation before the weekend. We shot several different targets including a round of skeet and some long distance stuff which Phill said will certainly be on show the weekend . 

After nearly 2 weeks without gun in hand it was great to get back into it and hitting clays . I struggled with a quartering rabbit but eventually we ironed the problem out.

I decided to shoot with1/2 and 3/4 the whole day to make sure I was bang on the targets and the combination certainly benefitted me on the longer birds . 

Overall we shot 250 clays each and by the end of the day I was pretty tired but felt ready and confident for the open . 

We started hearing some scores via Facebook on the way home and people moaning it was a bit hard . However it is a British open and you have to expect it to be tough .

I'm going back on my targets I set earlier in the week and just going there in confidence and with an open mind to enjoy myself ..., but beat Josh .

We called into Simpsons on way home to have a nose at guns then headed back to the Shotley peninsular to rest up now until Saturday morning .

Good luck to everyone shooting and most importantly enjoy it !

No comments:

Post a Comment