Monday 25 August 2014

Preparing for the British open

So no shooting this weekend just gone and spent the weekend with Kath and jack .

This week is all about the British Open sportrap then sporting . I will be heading up there Saturday early morning with josh and my good friend Adrian and am not sure what to expect target wise as never shot garlands . However in recent past this has benefitted me shooting at new grounds.

Before we travel up josh and I have a warm up lesson with our coach phill Gray who has helped us this year to both improve. This will be on Thursday at Cambridge gun club where there are always some tricky targets .

I haven't shot since last Sunday at Colchester garrison so expect to start Thursday slowly . Fingers crossed I can get back in the zone as need to be on top of my game for the weekend as there will be some awesome competition against me.

Earlier in the year I shot the world sporting and put too much pressure on myself so when I shot the English in May I went there just to enjoy myself and ended up shooting my strongest score of the yeR to date with a 76.

Regardless of how easy or hard the layout is on the sporting I will be looming to shoot 75% which will be 90/120 on the sportrap anything more than 73%.

Fingers crossed the weather stays fine for the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment