Saturday 30 August 2014

Sportrap completed

So finally in bed after a busy day.

63 was the score to beat in disabled standing and after a good trip up from Suffolk i was quietly confident of shooting well despite hearing that it was a tough round .

I shot the first layout well with a 23 but it went down hill from there shooting just 12 on he next 2 layouts. Layout 2 was certainly easier than 3 however I shot my word on there. I finished with a 15 on layout 4 and came off knowing I hadn't quite done enough to secure gold but wasn't sure if I had done enough for silver. 

I had shot closer to the winning score than expected with a 62 so one off however I had got equal second . After a chat with mike burnand we agreed on a shoot off . However there would be a several hour wait . Well done to graham Evans for winning.

Some of the targets on layouts 2,3 & 4 I had never shot at especially as simmo birds and what I got very frustrated in the middle I certainly learnt something and realised what real targets were . Well done to Steve lovatt and his team.

So the shoot off eventually came and mike and I shared the 5 stands with the junior shoot off where fellow suffolk man are on have had shot into the 80s to secure a shoot off . A tremendous score.

I started awful missing my first 3 clays. Steve lovatt had made a new 5th layout for the round. It was as hard if not harder than layout 3. Anyway I steadily got into it and highlight was a tough simmo pair and the crowd roared. The feeling was immense and I would put it over any goal I had scored in a football match.

I really hadn't a clue how I had scored and equally what mike had scored however expected he might have got me by one . However to my surprise I had popper him by 1 shooting a 12 and him 11. Securing me the silver medal.

Aaron smashed his competition with a 20 compared to his oppos 13. 

And in the high gun final George beat me Faulds 20-19 .

It was a fantastic experience shooting I front of a crowd and loved it. Though hope tomorrow's sporting doesn't come to that (unless it is for the gold).

Sleep well and good luck to everyone tomorrow .






No comments:

Post a Comment