Friday 17 April 2015

NEW Gun & The Masters

So I collected my new gun a week today ; the Caesar Guerini Syren 30 inch barrels . After a successful trip out with one in February.

Simpsons of Newmarket was where I bought it from and they did I sensible price. I picked it up around midday and headed to High lodge for some practice with Adrian. I shot around 110 cartridges and didn't miss too many. I then got the gun back out just before dark to shoot some off with Josh.

Saturday morning we headed down to Hepworth Hall to shoot the Essex Masters. Adrian kindly drove Josh and I down and we met Stu & Joe Clarke. Also on our squad was Eddie Wilkinson.

Unfortunately I was not well organised with my clothing going with just shorts and a short sleeve polo and this was put to the test immediately as on our way out to RED stand one it started hammering down with rain. With a 15 minute wait on the stand we were soaked before we started.

I started very slowly with a 5/8 on a L-R rabbit and a quartering looper. This then followed an even worse 4/8 on a sensible high quartering L-R then a high R-L arguably one of the hardest bird of the weekend in my opinion as it was slow therefore hard to read. I only managed a 4/8.

I continued very poor form throughout the RED course and finished on a poor 62/100 meaning at the half way stage I was almost certainly not going to be in the prizes. In comparison Josh shot a fantastic 77 which was I believe the highest on our squad.

The weather improved drastically at lunch and finally dried out we all went out just to improve on our generally poor showing on the RED (Josh excluded).

Again I started reasonably slowly missing 3 on my first stand however I soon got my head back into it and shot the stuff I should be hitting really well. I had a few slip up on some of the longer birds however finished on an 80 which I was pleased with considering I was using the new gun ad had not done much with it.

I need to do a lot of improving on this to get in the top 3 at the English in May, but firstly comes the BSSA Ironman skeet this weekend. This event is 200 skeet Saturday and 200 skeet sunday at Dartford SG. They have put Disabled Trophies up and being in E Class I feel I stand a good chance of being In the cash prizes if I can start well and not over lead everything.

Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment